WAC members develop, fund and present programs for the community, students and water-industry members throughout Monterey County. Our efforts include seminars that address the needs and questions of water-supply companies and consumers.
Classroom conservation and pollution prevention presentations designed specifically for each grade level. The committee provides appropriate educational materials, including activity books, curricula, workplans, magnets, stickers, and three-dimensional interactive displays for watershed and groundwater demonstrations.
Monterey One Water is an award-winning water treatment and recycling facility.Location
Just north of Marina, off Hwy 1, on the Del Monte Boulevard exit, near the landfill.
Visit the Monterey One Water website for the most up to date information.
The committee has a list of water experts from various disciplines who are willing to speak to interested community groups. Their areas of expertise include these topics:
- Seawater intrusion and current water projects.
- Groundwater contamination and water-quality regulations.
- Water conservation for the 21st century.
Call (831) 646-4656 to arrange for speakers.
The committee coordinates many events during May to celebrate Water Awareness Month:
- Water Management Workshops, which focus on thrifty, efficient water use in commercial, industrial and residential settings.
- Displays and programs at schools, libraries, fairs and community events.
Hospitality Business Assistance
The Water Awareness Committee has vinyl water conservation stickers available for restroom mirrors. Call to have them mailed or hand-delivered to your business.